The City of Shaker Hts and Shaker MyCom asked us to share this information:
Host Sites Needed For Summer Youth Workers
The Summer Youth Employment Program places Shaker youths (ages 14 to 17) in summer jobs throughout the community. It is a partnership between Youth Opportunities Unlimited (Y.O.U.), Shaker MyCom and the Shaker Heights Youth Center. The program has an outstanding 98% retention/completion rate.
Can your business or a contact of yours host a youth worker this summer? Due to current covid-19 circumstances, sites are needed this summer for these opportunities. Many of the long-time sites are not able to host jobs this summer, leaving these Shaker youth without the work experience or the anticipated summer income. Additional work sites are needed to allow youth to take part in this valuable paid summer program. Best of all, youth workers are paid by Y.O.U., not by the host sites.
Youth workers are:
- Interviewed and given on-going supervision by program staff,
- Able to work a total of 120 hours between July 6 and August 8; schedules are flexible and can be suited to the work site, and
- Paid directly by Youth Opportunities Unlimited; host sites do not pay the students.
Job sites agree to:
- Provide a primary and alternate supervisor to give on-site instructions and guidance,
- Complete a one-page form detailing job duties and contact information,
- Complete a one-hour online orientation,
- Adhere to safety and hygiene considerations as stipulated by Y.O.U., and
- Complete and submit time sheets and performance evaluations.
Job sites are needed ASAP. Job sites can be outside of Shaker. These can be flexible and do not have to be traditional business establishments. Be creative! Do you have a neighborhood project that needs some help to get going? Do you run a small business or nonprofit that could use help? Supervision and tasks can be done remotely/virtually, with approval.
If interested in hosting a summer youth worker, contact Sharon Bell at email@example.com or 216-272-8660. And, please consider sharing this information with others who may be interested.